Updated November 22, 2020
This Privacy Statement governs your access to and use of www.doshound.com (“Site”). By accessing or using the Site, you are agreeing to the Privacy Statement and concluding a legally binding contract with Doshound. Do not access or use the Site if you are unwilling or unable to be bound by this Privacy Statement. Doshound and its affiliated Web sites respect your privacy. This Privacy Statement applies to information collection and usage on the Site.
Collection of Personal Information
You may visit the Site without submitting any personally identifiable information about yourself. We do collect clickstream data about all users of the Site, including behavioral data, IP addresses, log files, and traffic data.
The submission of personal information (such as your e-mail address, name, home or work address, telephone number, social security number, and financial information) may be required in order to obtain certain products or services available on the Site.
We may also collect demographic information such as your postal code, age, gender, interests, and preferences. Submission of any such information may be in the form of surveys, contest entries or other information requests and is voluntary.
We collect non-public personal information about you from the following sources: Information we receive from you through our Web sites, including forms and applications completed by you; Information about your transactions with us and the companies that work with us to provide products and services to you; Information about you that we may receive from credit reporting agencies or other third parties.
Your reviews, tips, and other content you post to the Site are meant for public consumption. We may display this content on the Site, and further distribute it to a wider audience through third party sites and services. Other users may be able to identify you if you include personal information in the content you post on the Site.
Use and Disclosure of Personal Information
Information collected from or about you through the Site may be combined with other information collected or acquired by us.
We may disclose all of the information we collect from or about you to third parties to provide the products and services requested by you. You consent to such disclosures by requesting products or services on the Site. You understand and agree that such third parties may use, analyze and further disclose the information in order to provide you with the products and services you have requested.
We may use all of the information we collect from or about you for purposes of analyzing user behavior, improving our Web sites, improving our products and services, researching our users' needs and otherwise for development of our Web sites. In some cases, we may contract with third parties to perform these activities for us and may disclose personally identifiable information about you to such third-party vendors. Such third party vendors will be required to maintain the confidentiality of your personally identifiable information and will be prohibited from using the information for any other purpose.
The Site contains links to unaffiliated third party websites. We may share personally identifiable information about you with them when you request products or services on this site and are not responsible for their privacy practices. We suggest you read the privacy policies on all such third party websites. Other than as set forth above or as required or permitted under applicable law, we will not disclose personally identifiable information about you to any non-affiliated third parties.
We may use the information collected from and about you to periodically send you promotional or informational messages. You agree that we may send you informational messages about products or services requested by you and any activities related thereto. With respect to other promotional and information messages, you will be given the option of opting out of further receipt of such messages each time a message is sent.
We may use and disclose non-personally identifiable information, whether in the aggregate or otherwise, for any purpose.
Cookies & Web Beacons
Doshound may use Web beacons (also referred to as pixel tags or single-pixel gifs) to measure site usage and behavior.
Storage and Security of Personal Information
Doshound uses a variety of security technologies and procedures to protect your personal information from unauthorized access. We restrict access to non-public personal information about you only to those that need to know the information in order to provide products or services to you. We maintain physical, electronic and other procedural safeguards to comply with applicable privacy laws to protect your non-public personal information. However, if your information is forwarded to a third-party provider, your information will be transmitted according to the security and privacy policies and practices of such third-party providers. As stated above (see, Use and Disclosure of Personal Information), we may disclose all of the information we collect from or about you to third parties to provide the products and services requested by you. You consent to such disclosures by requesting products or services on the Site.
The information we obtain from or about you may be processed and stored in the United States of America. We may keep it as long as is permitted or required under the law to ensure our ability to satisfy the authorized uses under this Privacy Statement. For example, we may use retained data to prevent, investigate, or identify possible wrongdoing in connection with the Site or to comply with legal obligations. Please note that information may exist in backup storage even after it has been removed from our active databases.
Changes to the Privacy Statement
We may periodically update this Privacy Statement to reflect customer feedback and current practices by updating this Privacy Statement on our Web sites. Please be sure to check back frequently.
Doshound would like to hear from you regarding this Privacy Statement. If you have feedback or believe that we have violated this Privacy Statement, please email us at moc.dnuohsod@kcabdeef
Doshound has adopted the following general policy toward copyright infringement in accordance with the Digital Millennium Copyright Act. The address of Doshound’s Designated Agent to Receive Notification of Claimed Infringement (“Designated Agent”) is moc.dnuohsod@kcabdeef
It is Doshound’s policy to (1) block access to or remove material that it believes in good faith to be copyrighted material that has been illegally copied and distributed by any of our users; and (2) remove and discontinue service to repeat offenders.
A. Procedure for Reporting Copyright Infringements:
If you believe that material or content residing on the Site infringes a copyright, please send a notice of copyright infringement containing the following information, in English, to the Designated Agent at moc.dnuohsod@kcabdeef
- A physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright that has been allegedly infringed;
- Identification of works or materials being infringed;
- Identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing including information regarding the location of the infringing materials that the copyright owner seeks to have removed, with sufficient detail so that Doshound is capable of finding and verifying its existence;
- Contact information about the notifier including address, telephone number and, if available, e-mail address;
- A statement that the notifier has a good faith belief that the material is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and
- A statement made under penalty of perjury that the information provided is accurate and the notifying party is authorized to make the complaint on behalf of the copyright owner.
B. Once Proper Bona Fide Infringement Notification is Received by the Designated Agent:
- It is Doshound’s policy to remove or disable access to the infringing material;
- to notify the complaining party that the content has been removed or access to the material disabled; and
- that repeat offenders will have the infringing material removed from the system and that Doshound will terminate such user’s access to the website and service.
C. Procedure to Supply a Counter-Notice to the Designated Agent:
If the user believes that the material that was removed or to which access was disabled is either not infringing, or the user believes that it has the right to post and use such material from the copyright owner, the copyright owner’s agent, or pursuant to the law, the user must send a counter-notice containing the following information, in English, to the Designated Agent:
- A physical or electronic signature of the user;
- Identification of the material that has been removed or to which access has been disabled and the location at which the material appeared before it was removed or disabled;
- A statement that the user has a good faith belief that the material was removed or disabled as a result of mistake or a misidentification of the material; and
- User’s name, address, telephone number, and, if available, e-mail address and a statement that such person or entity consents to the jurisdiction of the Federal Court for the judicial district in which the user’s address is located, or if the user’s address is located outside the United States, for any judicial district in which Doshound is located, and that such person or entity will accept service of process from the person who provided notification of the alleged infringement.
If a counter-notice is received by the Designated Agent, Doshound may send a copy of the counter-notice to the original complaining party informing that person that it may replace the removed material or cease disabling it in 10 business days. Unless the copyright owner files an action seeking a court order against the user, the removed material may be replaced or access to it restored in 10 to 14 business days after receipt of the counter-notice, at Doshound’s discretion.
The Designated Agent for notice of claims of copyright or other intellectual property infringement can be reached at moc.dnuohsod@kcabdeef
Please note that, due to security concerns, attachments cannot be accepted. Accordingly, any notification of infringement submitted electronically with an attachment will not be received or processed.